Since Truecrypt.org removed version 7.1 and claimed it’s no longer working because it’s unsecure (insecure), many people have wanted to get the previous version of Truecrypt. Searching in for example Google or Bing for “Truecrypt 7.1” or “Truecrypt 7.1a” (which is the last version before 7.2) will only list “mirrors” packed with viruses or trojans 🙁 . Luckily we found a place where you can still get the real version of Truecrypt.
At GitHub you can still get both Windows, Linux and Mac version. Here’s the full link:
At The Pirate Bay it looks like you can find the same as Torrent file, but please scan it at VirusTotal and Kaspersky before you use it to make sure.
Here are some functions in 7.1a:
– Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
– Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
– Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
– Encryption is automatic, real-time (on-the-fly) and transparent.
– Provides two levels of plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password: 1) Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system. 2) No TrueCrypt volume can be identified (volumes cannot be distinguished from random data).
– Encryption algorithms: AES-256, Serpent, and Twofish. Mode of operation: XTS.
XavierMedia.com can unfortunately not provide any kind of support for Truecrypt. We’re just users like you 😉