Type of script: Perl
What is Xaviers Downloader script?
It’s a script that count the number of downloads. Use a drop-down box, text links or both to keep track of the downloads.
View the logfile with your web browser.
- Download download.zip and unzip it
- Open download.cgi in any text editor and edit these configurations:
- $admin = the admin password you’ll use to access the admin pages
- $logdownload = the location of download.log
- $date_command = the location of date
- Upload download.cgi and download.log to your /cgi-bin/. Make sure you upload the script as ASCII.
- Change mode for the script (download.cgi) to 755 and the mode for download.log should be set to 777
- Visit download.cgi with your web browser and enter your admin password
- Click on HTML code and cut-and-past the HTML code into your homepage