Everyone knows how important social media is. Everyone knows how social media can help you reach out to customers or users who wouldn’t normally be interested in your material or products and how it can help you spread your content almost virally.
While social media outlets certainly contribute to bettering your website with better traffic and more reach, it can also negatively impact your site as well. How?
Well, let’s take a look at the positives and negatives of social media here:
- Can effectively bring new users or customers to your website
- Can introduce your material to an audience that may not have known about you
- Can create an external portal for your website where your content and products are secondarily shown
- Can be used as an alternative to bland or “spammy” email blasts
As you can see, the positives of social media are numerous and are really only limited by your imagination and time. There is literally no reason why any company should not be involved in social media in one way or another.
- If your social media outlets are infrequently updated, your fan base will not pay attention to anything you’re doing now or in the future, and you may even lose users
- If your content feels like promotional material, you’ll lose users or will just be wasting your time. This path could also leave an “untrustworthy” taste in your users’ mouths
- If you’re not fully committed to your social media efforts, you’ll be wasting your time. And time DOES equal money in the real world
As you can already tell, there are also a number of ways that your social media efforts can hurt your website.
So how can you ensure that you won’t be wasting your time or hurting your website?
If you have a combination of thoughtful information and product and content plugs, you’ll definitely help keep your current users interested, but you will be able to rack in some more users.
In this day and age, you must use social media to enhance your traffic numbers and profit margins. With your competition already all over the social media game, and even if you’re already in the middle of it, you can’t let your adversaries get the leg up, because if that happens, you could be losing sales or users to them.
While there are certainly a number of different ways to enact a proper social media strategy, you’ll find that your best bet is to combine your current strengths with new and exciting approaches. After only a few short months of a revamped social media approach, you will absolutely see better results.
So should you embark on a better social media experience? Yes. The benefits far outweigh the negatives if you do it correctly.
You may also be interested in...
5 Ways Guest Posting Can Help You Promote Your Site
Social Media Is a Useful Tool
Common Social media mistakes and how to prevent it