A good design for your website is one of the most important features. First impressions always matter and the same goes for websites too. When someone lands on your site, they’re probably thinking one of the following:
- Is this the right place?
- How reliable is this site?
- How credible is the information which is provided here?
- Can I trust them?
These are some of the various questions that the prospect thinks when he lands on your site or blog. As you can understand, the first seconds will determine if the visitor will remain at your site or he will abandon it and probably won’t return. The colors, layout and the navigation of your site, will impact his decision and will determine that first impression.
First things first. Here’s what you need to ask yourself:
- Is the site making your prospects feel comfortable and welcome?
- How fast they can find the information they are looking for?
If you manage to achieve a nice and warm design, then you can be ensured that your prospects will remain longer in your site and will consider your offers.
Ok but how can I built an effective website design?
- The tagline of your site should be simple, in order to quickly communicate with your prospects and inform them about your site.
- The navigation of your site should be as simple as possible, in order to make the life of your visitors as simple as possible. Usually, the navigation of a site includes some of the following pages:
- Hire a copywriter, in order to create good and attractive content, related to your sites niche.
- Optimize the speed of your site.
- Find a good web hosting company, with reliable uptime and good response. There’s nothing worse than having an excellent website design, but high server load.
- Incorporate images and videos inside your site, in order to create attractive and viral content.
How much can a cover affect sales?
Let’s see an example on how the design of a product or service, can affect the prospects. I don’t know how many of you know the book How to Satisfy a Woman Every Time…And Have Her Beg for More! That particular book was initially published by Naura Hayden with the title Astrological Love in 1982 and had less than 5.000 sales. The book was a major disaster…
One marketer however, read that book and after he read it, he discovered that the book was great. He contacted with the author of the book and proposed her to republish her book with a different title and cover. The contents of the book remained intact and it was republished in 1998. The book made 2.500.000 sales!
From this example we understand that the appearance of a product or service can play a key role in the final decision of a costumer. That’s why having a good design for your site, can be the key factor between you and your consumers
You may also be interested in...
5 Little Design Changes That Can Improve Your Conversion Rate And Make You More Money
HOW MUCH DOES A WEB DESIGNER CHARGE?
Innovative web design company