Once again there’s a raid against WordPress blogs infecting them with malware. This time the attacks are done in a way that Firefox’s and Chrome’s built-in security features for evil code can’t detect the malware.
Some helpful tips to minimize the damages caused by these evil hackers:
- Update WordPress to the latest version
- Update your plugins to the latest version
- Make daily backups of your blog (both site and database)
- Select a hard-to-guess password for your admin account
- Install the Antivirus plugin
If you’re on a shared hosting service you could end up getting your blog infected with maleware even if you have WordPress and all your plugins updated to the latest version 🙁 , so then daily backups may be the only thing saving you…